Monday, August 18, 2008

Learning to Sacrifice

I just came from Mrs. L's blog, At the Wellsprings of Traditional Life, and have decided to join her in Learning to Sacrifice.

"Sacrifice is difficult, but if you start out with the small things in life we can learn and get better at it day by day! What can you sacrifice for our Lord this week?"

I'm going to start right now by getting off the computer to go do the dinner dishes. (Without complaining that we don't have a dishwasher!) ;) In fact, I think this week I will offer up the chore of having the kitchen clean before I allow myself to get on the computer. I am sure this would make my hubby very happy! (If I am not back before next week, you'll know why!)

Before I go, I thought I would add this beautiful quote that Mrs. L shared by St. Therese:

"Let us be one with Jesus... let us make our life a continual sacrifice, a martyrdom of love to console Jesus. May all moments of our life be for Him alone. We have only one task during the night of our present life - to love Jesus."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this gentle reminder that this is what I need to do. It's hard starting out new to the whole concept. I mean I offer things up when I am suffering, but I have never made my life a prayer. It's a recent revelation I had while attending adoration. Come visit my blog sometime and read about it.

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of things I should do before I blog. I should probably get up right now... :)

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.