It has been quite some time since I have posted for WoW (Weight on Wednesday). I did not do very well over the summer. I started gaining while on our road trip (it was SO hard to eat well) and continued with way too many cakes all summer!! It didn't help that Regina took a break from WoW and I wasn't having to report my gains until the last few weeks.... and I conveniently ignored posting here as well! ;)
Well it is time for me to shape up.. literally!!! hee..hee.. I am going to start eating better and exercising. Not only do I need to lose the weight from the summer (approx 7 pounds as of last Wednesday), I would like to lose another 10+ on top of that, which should be achievable... (unless God has other plans and I find out I am pregnant before that happens--which is usually the case! I am not, as of Monday, though a number of people asked me if I was this past week--and honestly, I was wondering myself!) ... In fact, another friend asked me last night at Bunco... My summer weight gain must be really noticeable! ;)
Even though I would like to lose weight, what I really need to focus on is increasing my energy and getting more rest. I have been SO tired, but at the same time, I can't sleep. I think I have gotten maybe 15 hours of sleep in the last 3 nights. Since I haven't been sleeping, I have been drinking lots of coffee, which is probably what is keeping me awake at night!
Ok, so here are my goals for this week
- Exercise for 10 minutes before bed each night. (My chiropractor seems to think this will help me sleep better.)
- Do some sort of exercise program/video 2 times. (3 would be better, but I want to try and start slow and realistically)
- Eat some protein with breakfast. Preferably a protein shake (as long as it is dairy, sugar, banana, and blueberry free).
- Cut out coffee. Is it possible? I had a cup of green tea this morning.
- -2 pounds Wahoo! Only 5 more to go to be my pre-summer weight!
To join in, or see everyone else's results, click here.