Saturday, October 4, 2008

Feast of St. Francis of Assisi


As I mentioned earlier this week, this has been a great week for celebrating the Saints. On the Calendar for today is dear St. Francis of Assisi.

To be honest, I am a bit wiped out from all the festivities, but I couldn't let this feast pass without doing a little something in his honor.

So, today we will be:

O God, Who, by the merits of blessed Francis, didst increase Thy Church by bringing forth a new progeny, grant us to imitate him in despising earthly things and ever to rejoice in partaking of heavenly gifts.

St. Francis of Assisi ~ Pray for Us!

1 comment:

  1. We are having pizza and animal crackers too. Not homemade though. Well, the pizza isn't entirely but the cookies are! And I hope we will be coloring some pictures although I think my kids are getting a little burned out.

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.