Saturday, November 29, 2008

Celebrating the Feast of St. Catherine

Each year we celebrate Twinkle Toes nameday on November 25th, the feast of St. Catherine of Alexandria.

Usually I try to make a Heart Shaped Cake for the feast, but this year it was just too much. Instead we were able to pick up a super yummy (White Chocolate Raspberry) cake from a local bakery. They were more than willing to add a pink heart to the top of the cake, which served the purpose just fine. Twinkle Toes loved it!

I wasn't able to get a picture until it was already missing a piece... but I took one anyways! :)

We usually give our children a small gift on their namedays. I generally use it as an excuse opportunity to add another book from my our wishlist, so this year Twinkle Toes received Take It to the Queen: A Tale of Hope.



She loved it, and so did I! It is beautiful allegory of the Blessed Mother, written by Josephine Nobisso, author of one of our absolute favorites, The Weight of a Mass: A Tale of Faith.

It was a simple last minute feast day/nameday celebration, but it brought smiles to all our children's faces in the midst of a very sad week, and for that I was very thankful!

St. Catherine of Alexandria, pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. St Nicholas might be getting that book for our children...:)

    Beautiful celebration!

    Question: Do you celebrate every St Catherine feast (there's a few) as a name feast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie!

    To answer your question, we just choose one nameday for each of our children. :)

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.