Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Flower by St. Therese


The Flower

All the earth with snow is covered,
Everywhere the white frosts reign;
Winter and his gloomy courtiers
Hold their court on earth again.
But for you has bloomed the Flower
Of the fields, Who comes to earth
From the fatherland of heaven,
Where eternal spring has birth.
Near the Rose of Christmas, Sister!
In the lowly grasses hide,
And be like the humble flowerets, --
Of heaven’s King the lowly bride!

by St. Therese of Lisieux

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem. On Christmas morn, out of the 10 or so rose bushes I have out front, one had a single blooming rose. It was so beautiful with two buds on each side. I picked it and used it as part of the centerpiece for our Christmas Day meals! God is so great!!!
    Blessings~
    J+M+J

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting Marci!!!! What a beautiful Christmas gift!!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poem! I found some great St. Therese quotes here:
    http://www.quotecatholic.com/
    I just love our Catholic saints!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.