Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

In all honesty, I didn't even think about celebrating "Cinco de Mayo" until this morning (when I saw the link on Crafty Crow) to the Mexican Flag Mosaics. Since we had most of our schoolwork completed early, I thought I'd let my children make them. Before I knew it, we were having quite the celebration! Despite the lack of planning, we had a fun day!

Mexican Flag Coloring Page / Mosaics





Cinco de Mayo Cupcakes







Chips, Guacamole and Salsa
(For with our dinner of Shredded Chicken Burritos,
Sweet Yellow Corn and Touchdown Taco Dip)





Happy Cinco de Mayo!

6 comments:

  1. Praise be to God for your yummy & fun day!

    Whatever the LORD wishes he does in heaven and on earth, in the seas and in all the deeps. Ps 135:6

    Pax -
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Love the cutey aprons :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, those cupcakes are so cute! (next year, as we have quite a few leftover cupcakes from the rosary)

    Ironically, we finished our unit on Spain on this day, and Cinco De Mayo is a celebration of Mexico's freedom from Spain, right?

    We decided to go out to a Mexican Restaurant to celebrate anyway...we just had tacos the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,

    What fun! I want to be one of your kids.

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a little cookie or mint on the top of the cinco de mayo cupcakes? They turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It is actually just an upside down Hershey Kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.