The theme for this week is:
"Oh, What a Beautiful City!"
This week, in addition to drawing from last year's list and a few of Charlotte's ideas, I'll be adding some of the upcoming feast days into our activities as well.
36. The City Gate : Read Revelation 21:9-14
- Listen to Oh What a Beautiful City.
- Since the above song mentions "twelve gates," one named for each of the apostles, you could read about the apostles! We will probably read The Twelve Apostles by Marianna Mayer and/or Apostles of Jesus by Father Lovasik.
- Color the Gates into Heaven Coloring Page.
- Give the children their own Pretzel and Cheese Cube Construction Kit to build their own gates.
37. The Temple : Read Revelation 21:22-25
- Make Cathedral Cookies or Church shaped Stained Glass Window Cookies
- Hand paint Stained Glass Cross Shaped Suncatchers.
- Play the EWTN Kids Build-a-Church Activity. (To get to this, sign into EWTN kids--it's free!--then go to The Diego's house, then to Javier & Manuel's Room, then click on the box with a church on it. My kids LOVE this game!)
38. Hallelujah! : Read Revelation 19:6-9
39. The Thrones : Read Revelation 22:1-5
- I loved Charlotte's idea of watching The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
40. The Bride : Read Hosea 2:18-20
- Since this Thursday is the feast of the Ascension, we will attend Mass and then head to a nearby hilltop for an Ascension Picnic.
- Show the children some of our wedding pictures!
41. The Groom : Read Revelation 19:6-9
- Celebrate the feast of St. Rita of Cascia with a simple tea in her honor.
- Make Tuxedo Brownie Cups, Cookies, or Strawberries.
- Call Father and wish him a Happy 5th Anniversary!!
42. The Crowns : Read Isaiah 62:3-5
- Place a crown of flowers on our statue of Mary.
- This year, May 23rd is the traditional feast of Mary, Queen of the Apostles. Perhaps we will make another Crown Cake or at least some Simple Cupcake Crowns.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!