Monday, June 22, 2009

Boy or Girl???

At just 14 weeks gestation, the beginning of the second trimester, it is still "too early to tell."

~ Our Baby ~

~ The top of the baby's head with hands together in front ~

~ Precious Little Feet ~

My guess is that our little one is a girl. I have thought so from the very beginning, despite the fact that the rest of my family thinks otherwise. Although I have been nauseous, the nauseousness has not been nearly as bad as it was when I was pregnant with our boys -- requiring multiple visits to the hospital. On the other hand, I AM tired, emotional, and breaking out (ugh!) -- all symptoms I had during my pregnancies with our two girls.

The ultrasound tech I had this morning was inclined to agree with me! From what I saw, I am thinking my instincts are right, but we will find out "for sure" at my 20 week ultrasound in August.

Boy or girl, I am just so very happy and thankful that everything is going so well this time. Thank you all for your continued prayers!

19 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, Jessica! Continued prayers for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a girl too. Rose told me she can always tell and in a few weeks she will give her judgment. She is usually right... hmmm...

    And baby is praying!!! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny Amy! I keep thinking of this one as my "little Christmas Rose" and I just can't picture the baby being a boy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jessica...I'm so happy for you and thanks for sharing the ultrasound pictures of you precious new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so exciting!!! I like the name Noelle for a Christmas name. We thought we were having a girl, and God had other plans!! Can't wait to see more U/S pictures in August!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a girl too. If it is, you will have had your children in the same order as my husband and I.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, I can't wait to see if you are right and it is a girl! I only had one girl (8boys) but her pregnancy was so different I suspected she was a girl right from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you find out Jessica?

    I thought all my girls were boys until it was confirmed they were girls!!

    I have no "mother's intuition"!

    Beautiful picture of your beautiful baby praying!!!

    So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I went back and read, yes you will find out at 20 weeks...I got ahead of myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh (s)he's beautiful! Girl sounds right to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. praying for you jessica, that all will be well. i never cared either way, boy or girl, just a healthy baby in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news Jessica! Continuing to pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Jamie.... not an ounce of mother's intuition here either. I was always wrong from the get-go. The last few times I never even put out a 'guess'.

    I love the Precious Feet of the sweet baby! What a great shot of her feet. They look so cute in all those hand-me-down boots-n-shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know, a "Christmas Rose" would take care of St. Therese too, Jessica! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! will keep praying for you. Please pray for me... still haven't been able to conceive a 2nd.

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.