Friday, August 14, 2009

On the Feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe


Today, August 14th, is the feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe.

After dinner this evening my children asked to listen to The Knight and Our Lady! The Story of St. Maximilian Kolbe while coloring Charlotte's wonderful coloring page.



They also asked me to post their finished pictures for you all to see:

Left:  by Captain (age 9)  Right:  by Rascal (age 7) 

Left:  by Twinkle Toes (age 5)  Right:  by Chiquita (age 4)

In the meantime, also inspired by Charlotte, I tried making some St. Max's Candy for dessert.


I ended up using pecans, since that is what I had in the freezer.  The candy didn't turn out anywhere near as pretty as Charlotte's, but I do have the same china and my children thought the candy was delicious!

Thank you Charlotte!!!  

St. Maximilian Kolbe ~ Pray for us! 

2 comments:

  1. I forgot that you have the same china! Too funny! Their pictures look great!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.