Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Celebrating Michaelmas ~ 2009

Here are a few pictures that were taken yesterday around our home
on the Feast of Michaelmas!




St. Michael's Waffles (though I ended up using a mix)
with Homemade Blackberry Syrup for Breakfast




A few activities from The Great battle for Heaven, stories from The Angels, and a lovely St. Michael candle from Saintly Soaps which arrived just in time!




Coloring Pages of St. Michael while listening to





Michaelmas Day Cupcakes
St. Michael atop a stack of Devil's Food Cupcakes
complete with swords for stabbing the devils!








Dinner consisted of Apple Chicken, Steamed Carrots, Angel Hair Pasta, and Sparkling Blackberry Izze Drinks.





And finally, stabbing those cupcakes...






Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host - by the Divine Power of God - cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits, who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel ~ Pray for us!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! The cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the same coloring pages, ate the same apple chicken, and attacked the same devil's food cupcakes! Thanks for the wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be one of your kids for a few days? :-)
    I want to jump in with both feet and begin making Feast days as memorable as you do.
    You are an amazing woman, and your family is richly blessed. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the waffles from scratch (mostly because I was out of bisquick). I tasted them and thought they were amazing and didn't need a thing on them. Would you believe my kids rejected them because they were "too sweet". Seriously, is there such a thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled when I saw a little boy with armor on in the background of one of the pictures! What a great way to celebrate Michaelmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.