Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feast Day Plans and Celebrations

*Or should I say, "Organizing my Archives, so that I can find certain posts a little bit easier for planning purposes!" (After 2+ years of blogging, and over 1000 posts, there is just too much to sift through!) I'll be linking this post in the top navigation bar, under Feast Day Plans, and continue updating it as I time goes on... After looking through all these old posts, no wonder I am tired! ;) It has been a busy couple of years!

1/14/2011 Update:   I've started adding a few of the links from 2010, but it may take a little while to find the time to update this post once again... 


~ JANUARY ~

January 1st ~ Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God
January 2nd ~ Feast of the Most Holy Name of Jesus
January 6th ~ Feast of the Epiphany

The Sunday following the Feast of the Epiphany
January 15th ~ Feast of St. Anthony the Abbot
January 21st ~ Feast of Our Lady of Altagracia
January 28th ~ Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas
January 31st ~ Feast of St. John Bosco


~ FEBRUARY ~


February 1st ~ Feast of St. Brigid of Ireland

February 2nd ~ Feast of Candlemas
February 11th ~ Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
February 12th ~ Lincoln's Birthday
February 14th ~ Feast of St. Valentine



~ MARCH ~

March 5th ~ Feast of St. Ciaran
March 17th ~ Feast of St. Patrick
March 19th ~ Feast of St. Joseph
End of March and the Feast of the Annunciation


~ APRIL ~

April 16th ~ Pope Benedict's Birthday!
April 23rd ~ Feast of St. George
April 25th ~ Feast of St. Mark
April 29th ~ Feast of St. Catherine of Siena


~ LENT AND EASTER ~

Preparing for Lent :: Our Lenten Journey (2011 Compilation Post) 

Preparation
Lenten Cleaning
The Jesus Tree
Laetare Sunday
Palm Sunday
The Triduum
Divine Mercy Sunday
Easter Season
The Fifty Days of Easter ~ The Garden of the Good Shepherd
Pentecost Sunday
Ascension Thursday



~ MAY ~

May 5th ~ Cinco de Mayo
May 13th ~ Feast of Our Lady of Fatima



~ JUNE ~

Monthly Dedication
June 13th ~ Feast of St. Anthony of Padua



~ JULY ~

July 3rd ~ Feast of St. Thomas
The 4th of July
July 14th ~ Feast of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha -
July 16th ~ Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
July 25th ~ Feast of St. James
  • I tried! (Celebrating the feast of St. James - 2008)
July 31st ~ Feast of St. Ignatius of Loyola
OTHER RESOURCES:



~ AUGUST ~

Monthly Dedication ~ The Immaculate Heart of Mary
August 11th (New) and August 12th (Trad) ~ Feast of St. Clare
August 14th ~ Feast of St. Maximilian Kolbe-
August 15th ~ Feast of the Assumption
August 21st ~ Feast of St. Pius X
August 22nd ~ Feast of the Queenship of Mary

OTHER RESOURCES:


~ SEPTEMBER ~

September 5th ~ Feast of Blessed Mother Teresa
September 5th ~ Feast of the Nativity of Mary
September 9th ~ Feast of St. Peter Claver
September 12th ~ Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary
September 14th ~ Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross
September 29th ~ Michaelmas
September 30th ~ Feast of St. Jerome
OTHER RESOURCES:


~ OCTOBER ~

October 1st (New) and 3rd (Trad) ~ Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux
October 4th ~ Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
October 7th ~ Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary
October 12th ~ Columbus Day
October 15th ~ Feast of St. Teresa of Avila
October 27th ~ Feast of St. Telka


~ NOVEMBER ~

November 1st ~ All Saints Day
(See Oct 31, All Hallows' Eve)

November 2nd ~ All Souls Day

November 4th ~ Feast of St. Martin de Porres

November 12th ~ Feast of St. Martin of Tours
November 17th (New) and 19th (Trad) ~ Feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary
November 25th ~ Feast of St. Catherine of Alexandria


~ THANKSGIVING ~


~ ADVENT ~


~ DECEMBER ~

December 3rd ~ Feast of St. Francis Xavier
December 6th ~ Feast of St. Nicholas
December 7th ~ Feast of St. Ambrose
December 12th ~ Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe
December 12th ~ Christmas Rose Novena Begins

December 13th ~ Feast of St. Lucy
December 17th to 23rd ~ The O Antiphons
December 24th ~ Christmas Eve
December 27th ~ Feast of St. John



19 comments:

  1. Good Gravy Lady! Where do you have time to do this!!???

    How wonderful you did this though! i know many who will be so pleased!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Thank you for organizing these for us (and, of course, yourself!)

    I did notice that you had St. Anthony of Padua on July 13, and I am pretty sure he is celebrated on June 13. Also Our Lady of Mt. Carmel is July 16th not 14th. I am impressed that you only had 2 typos (that I caught, at least!) There is so much information here.

    I love the celebrations and all the other ideas and plans you have. You are so creative. You have inspired me. Thank you for that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! This post has been a work in progress for A LONG TIME!!! I started it mainly to keep track of posts for myself and decided to organize it a little better to share and just publish it already. =) I am glad that you find it helpful!

    I am sure there are probably MANY typos!! Thanks for pointing them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Shelly - how long did this take? Great job ~ and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been working hard. Organizing it a gratifying feeling though. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is AWESOME! It will sure help me streamline my planning as I welcome a new baby to the fold!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really wonderful, Jessica -- your ideas are awesome, and while I love picking through your archives just for fun, this organized approach will certainly be more immediately fruitful! :)

    I laughed at your "no wonder I'm so tired" quote -- I feel the same way when I look at my own archives, and I can't hold a (birthday!!) candle to yours! Especially now -- I've been really dropping the blogging ball lately, and not for lack of material. I really don't know how you do it, but I'm awfully glad you do!

    Ever amazed with you,
    Eileen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone!! I was hesitant over posting such a super long post, but decided it might help some of you that search my archives just as much as it has been helping me from my drafts folder.

    Paula ~ I really have been working on this a little bit at a time, for a very long time. As I looked up what we did for last year, I would save the links in the draft so I wouldn't have to look them up again. (Especially since I'd been trying to list the most relevant ones in the sidebar lately.) So I guess this post has been in my drafts since Lent?? Approximately. The most frustrating thing was the formating, which I did yesterday... Blogger can be a real stinker sometimes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica - Have you considered using your MAC skills and apps to set up your own blog?

    I can't tell you how great it is to basically do ANYTHING you want in formatting, etc.

    But it does take some time. . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I removed my comment oh boy!! What I said is thank you for all your hard work. This will help us with our family plans this year since we our so new at all of this.

    2 typos thats it you go girl! I think you did a fantastic job.

    I am so glad you do all this it has really been a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! Thank you, Jessica and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness me, Jessica!

    It's wonderful.

    :) Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful plans! You have no idea what a blessing it is to have so many AWESOME ideas all in one spot! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Jessica - I'm pretty new to blogging but I've been reading your blog for a few months now...I just want to say thank you for sharing the workings of your home and your family. You have been such an encouragement to me as a mom and a homeschooler! And especially for all of your work and examples with the liturgical celebrations - this is something I've wanted to do for my family for a long time, but it is all very new to me; your blog has been so helpful! You have really blessed me & my family - may God continue to bless you in all of your efforts!

    P.S. one question - seriously! - how DO you manage to do all of this? I know how much time homeschooling alone takes! Are you still a Pampered Chef consultant? I'd be interested to read any tips you have on time management :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHAT! A! TREASURE! :>) I linked to this on my weekly roundup, post is here. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where is the "Jesse Tea" information? It looks like it got lost among the O Antiphons stuff, but I know I saw it a couple months ago and wanted to try the idea with my kids. Now I can't find it! Can you repost it?
    Thanks,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.