Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A "Bun in the Oven" Baby Shower Favors



I had so much fun making the favors for Erica's Baby Shower. When I was looking for ideas online, I ran across packages of Muffin Mix for sale, and decided to make something similar...

Instead of muffin mix, and keeping with the theme, I sent each of our guests home with a mix to make Cinnamon Honey Bun Coffee Cake in a Mug! (I found the recipe here.)



Supplies:
  • Yellow Cake Mix (I was able to make 9 favors from each box)
  • Brown Sugar
  • Pecans
  • Cinnamon
  • Clear Baggies and Ties
  • Snack Baggies
  • Labels for Topping Packets
  • Colored Paper Bags
  • Coordinating Ribbon
  • Colored Paper & Card Stock for printing tags and labels
  • Hole Punch and Scissors
Directions:

Measure the following into a baggie, Seal & Tie off.
1/3 cup yellow cake mix

Add the following into a separate baggie, seal & tie off, label as Topping Mix:
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp finely chopped pecans
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Attach Tag:

Empty Cake mix into mug.
Add 2 tsp Oil, 1 T. Water, 1 Egg White, whisk well.
Sprinkle topping packet on & cook on high in microwave for 2 minutes.

I also included optional oven directions, which I tested out since I don't have a microwave and wanted to test the recipe before giving it away! ;)






Next I printed out a poem found online for the cover, along with the image from the invitations, etc, and glued them onto some coordinating paper and then to the bags:
A bun in the oven
Such great joy
Will it be a girl?
Or will it be a boy?

Only time will tell
Whether we'll need pink or blue
We know we'll be ready
Thanks to you!



After placing the Mix and Topping in the bag, I punched a couple holes, added the ribbon, and that was it! They were so easy, even I could make them!!



7 comments:

  1. How absolutely cute!! I love that idea...wish I had a shower I could throw...I'm gonna keep this in mind though! Too cute, along with the litle dress pins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd be a great party coordinator! Your baby shower was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if only you could have seen my pulling my hair out a week before when I still had NO IDEA what I was going to do for the party. lol! With All Hallows Eve/All Saints Day I hadn't had any time to think about it and was SUPER overwhelmed by the thought.

    It all came together in the end though, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this - I was going to ask you what the recipe is because Lil Guhl really loved hers and wants to make it again.

    I thought they were great too!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh good! I am so glad to hear that you both liked the Coffee Cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative Jessica. Well done!! :D

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.