Friday, April 2, 2010

On Good Friday

Photo Source - I'm nearly positive this beautiful picture was taken at the Carmel in NE.

Prayer to Jesus Christ Crucified

My good and dear Jesus,
I kneel before You,
asking You most earnestly
to engrave upon my heart
a deep and lively faith, hope, and charity,
with true repentance for my sins,
and a firm resolve to make amends.
As I reflect upon Your five wounds,
and dwell upon them
with deep compassion and grief,
I recall, good Jesus,
the words the Prophet David spoke
long ago concerning Yourself:
``They pierced My hands and My feet;
they have numbered all My bones.''


From the Archives:
Love's Wordless Response: Weep, Adore, Comfort
The Divine Mercy Novena Begins Today

2 comments:

  1. Here, here on the Carmel comment. As one who has spent many days there for many ceremonies, I looked at it and said, "oh, it's Carmel!". And most certainly FSSP.

    With quite a few of my friends behind those bars, that little chapel holds a very dear place in my heart...

    Maybe you'll have a little one in there as your girls grow up? Deo Velente

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter Blessings: the Risen Lord be with you always

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.