Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer with the Saints :: The Year for Priests



Today we attended a Summer with the Saints in honor of St. John Vianney!  Here are a few pictures from our morning:

~ Coloring Pictures ~

The children began the morning coloring pictures.  I had offered to bring the coloring pages, and I planned to print the one that Illuminated Ink had available for the Year for Priests but I couldn't find it!  Instead I ended up printing Charlotte's lovely coloring page of St. John Vianney, an image of a priest, and a priest behind lectern.  


~ Craft Time ~

As a craft we created a set of vestments (or 12!)  for teaching our children the Liturgical Colors of the Church Year!


I posted all of the details here.


~ Games ~


 Father Nick and his vestments, from Catholic Artworks, on display for reference.  We also planned to have the children play Vessels and Vestments but we ran out of time.


~ Snack Time ~

Inspired by Barbara's Strawberry Cupcakes at Catholic Cuisine, Marci served Strawberry Heart Shortcakes in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  


St. John Vianney, pray for us!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I wish you guys lived closer to me!

    I love the Sacred Heart desserts - such an easy idea!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, and I agree, I wish you (and Marci) lived closer to us!
    +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure wish I could have gone! Looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them. You're soooooo good at crafts. I'm glad I'm related to you. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.