Friday, October 8, 2010

A few more pictures...

... from the Feast of St. Therese!

~ Morning Snack ~

Every year we make Easy Mini Éclairs
since Éclairs were a favorite treat of St. Therese.


~ Blessings ~ 

Father praying with the Altar Boys after Mass

Mass was absolutely HEAVENLY!!  We have been so very blessed to have a wonderful new associate pastor in our area.  He asked my boys, and one of their friends, to serve Mass.  It brought tears to my eyes as they processed in while Father sang beautiful song to St. Therese which I had never heard before  (I must remember to ask him for the lyrics, since I've been unable to find them online... We had him over for dinner that night, and he said he learned it at a Marionite parish that has a strong devotion to St. Therese), and incenseed the Altar. It was one of those moments that I hope to remember forever!  He also has such a gift for giving sermons, and it was just the motivation and inspiration I had been needing so badly.


After Mass and over Homeschool Party, we had Father over for dinner. Not only did he bless our home (starting with our new addition, and re-blessing the rest!), he also gave Hubby and I a beautiful Anniversary Blessing on the "Eve of our 11th Wedding Anniversary," and then blessed my new rosary (which I had just received from a sweet friend just in time for the Month of the Most Holy Rosary!), then prayed the rosary with our family, and visited for hours.   We are hoping to make it a "First Friday Tradition!"  Now I just need to start working on some meatless meals that are company worthy!   I am quite out of practice in the kitchen. . .  ;)


~ Fiori Rosé ~ 

When Charlotte told me about her Penne Rosé, I knew I would have to try and make it for with dinner.  I didn't get as far as trying the actual recipe, and ended up just mixing two jars of sauce - one alfredo and one marinara.  

I also served it over "Fiori" pasta noodles.  They nearly jumped off the shelf at me when I was looking for the sauces!  How perfect are they for the feast of St. Therese?!   My children loved it! 


~ Celebrating a Nameday ~

Our own little "Rose" also celebrated her very first nameday.  I thought she looked so cute in her little hand-me-down rose dress from her big sister and St. Therese Hair Bow which had been a baby gift from Cecilia at Hair Bows for Life!  


St. Therese, flower of Carmel, Pray for us!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful family and celebration!

    God bless, Lena

    Our Lady of Good Remedy, ora pro nobis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the Fiori pasta! Little flower shaped pasta for the feast of the Little Flower!? Perfect!

    What a blessed moment for you at Mass. It does a mothers heart good. God bless the altar servers!

    I will have to try your easy homemade eclairs. We bought ours at our local bakery. And while they were delicious, they were equally expensive. I just hope I can find a store that carries Lady Fingers. I don't recall seeing any around here.

    Thank you for sharing all that you do! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your celebrations with us.

    Can you tell me what a 'nameday' is, please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica,
    Father is such a great priest. You are very lucky to have him as you're parish priest. We been to one of his masses a week after he got ordained a priest. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From My Nameday-Come for Dessert: "A nameday commemorates the feast of the saint whose name we received at baptism. To the Church's mind, the day of the saint's death is his real feastday, and that is the day usually assigned as his feast--his birthday into heaven. In some countries and in most religious orders it is customary to observe name-days instead of birthdays.

    Namedays are a means of strengthening the faith of our children, of drawing them closer to the Communion of Saints."


    Some refer to this as "celebrating the child's feast day", but this has never sounded right to me since it is the saint's feast day we celebrate, not the childs. The child is just "named" after the saint! Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and thank you everyone!

    Kelly ~ YES!! Little Flower Pasta with Rosé Sauce! It doesn't get any better than that! :-)

    Grace ~ He IS such a great priest! We are so very blessed to have him in our area (an answer to prayer!), and we are praying hard that we will get to keep him for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We tried the Rose Penne to and it was really good!!

    Those eclairs look so yummy too!

    AND I am going to have to get some of those bows for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.