Friday, October 1, 2010

Ideas for Celebrating the Feast of St. Therese


The Feast of St. Therese is celebrated on October 1st on the New Calendar, and on October 3rd on the Traditional Calendar.  Here are some ideas to celebrate this special feast:

Prayers:
A MORNING PRAYER WRITTEN BY ST. THERESE

O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.

O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity. Amen.


Food/Snacks:


Reading, Audio and Video:

You can check out a whole bunch of great books about St. Therese here.

Books for Children::
A Few of My Favorites::
Audio::
Movies ::

Copywork:


Crafts:
  • Knit a St. Therese Doll.  The pattern can be purchased here from my friend Amy.  This is the beautiful one she made for my little Rose.  (You can also purchase a darling St. Therese Doll from Saintly Silver and another of our favorites from Catholic Child.) 
  • Embroider a St. Therese Doll using Charlotte's lovely pattern.   Here is the one that I embroidered last year during "E" Week
  • Another idea is to print out one of the many online images of St. Therese, and make homemade holy cards.


Printable Activities:  (From St. Therese Catholic Church *currently not available, so I removed the links.  I will keep looking to see if I can find them elsewhere...)
  • St. Therese Crossword - Can You Find Your Way?
  • Down the Garden Path
  • St. Therese Planting Seeds on Earth (Fill in the Blanks)
  • Promises, Promises, Promises  (Word Scramble) 
  • St. Therese Word Search
  • St. Therese Speaks (Alphabet Key)  
  • St. Therese Speaks Puzzling Words (Puzzle)
  • Round and Round we Go (Circle Puzzle)
  • A Real Handful (Matching Game)
Updated 10-01-11 to add a couple printables that I made in word, inspired by the printables listed above and pictured below that are no longer available:

Coloring Pages:

    "You know well enough that Our Lord does not look so much at the greatness of our actions, nor even at their difficulty, but at the love with which we do them."
    St. Therese ~ Pray for Us!

10 comments:

  1. Jessica~ This is an amazing list of ideas. Thank you so much for sharing and God Bless your special feast! I also linked your post to my post today;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite a round-up! Thanks for sharing all of these fantastic ideas! I love the chocolate favor boxes. Wish I would have had that idea when I threw the St. Therese baby shower. Happy feast day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I don't know what to choose. They are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great list of such an awesome variety. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. F-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!

    I can't get over how AMAZING these ideas are. I am so sharing this with everyone I know.

    Thanks so much, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica,

    What a wonderful list! Hard to choose. Thanks for taking the time to share all of these resources with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a post like this for St Theres! You did a superb job!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! What an amazingly comprehensive resource for celebrating a lovely feast day! Jessica...you are a marvel! Do you ever sleep?! Bless you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thank you so much Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is truly THE Exhaustive source for celebrating the feast of our beloved St. Therese! Thanks for brainstorming and collecting all of this! (I linked you! :)

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...