Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Prayer Request

My Father-in-law is having surgery today, due to prostate cancer.   Could you all please say a little prayer for him today?

It also happens to be my Mother-in-law's birthday, so perhaps you could add a prayer for her as well.   Thank you!


O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you. Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.

11 comments:

  1. They will both be remembered in our family rosary today and a St. Michael chaplet tonight. May God bless them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying!

    My mom and family are arriving in Sacramento today...soooo close! One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will lift them up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica,

    I'm keeping them in my prayers - please tell your mother-in-law happy birthday for me! She's such a sweet woman! I was happy to meet her over the phone for during her Christmas shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will both be remembered in our family rosary today. God bless to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your prayers! We just received a phone call from one of Hubby's brothers. He said that his dad just came out of surgery and that it went well! Deo Gratias!

    ReplyDelete
  7. praying for your dear parents-in-law. my dad had prostate cancer surgery in 1995, and is doing well today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all in my thoughts and my prayers - may he have a speedy and successful recovery! God Bless!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray eveything went well and he has a full recovery. Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers offered up on behalf of your FIL, MIL and your whole family. God bless all of you.<3

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.