Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Little Prayer


Some of the prayers I ought to know
Have words that are so long
I can't remember what they are,
Or where they all belong.
And then I feel like crying, God,
For I suppose I should
Know all those prayers by heart--and O!
I do want to be good!
But mother says You understand
That I am very small,
And that You like it if I pray
In my own words and all...
Now, when I cannot think just how
A prayer is meant to go,
I kneel down anyway and say
"Dear God, I love you so!"

5 comments:

  1. OH, I love that!!! My current 1st grader has a harder time with memorization and this is perfect for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo and poem are both beautiful! Thank you for sharing it, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How timely; my first grader just memorized this very poem last month! I love the prayers in that book!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.