Thursday, January 5, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life.

{pretty}
Sweet little girls in pretty new nightgowns, saying "Happy Birthday" to Baby Jesus on Christmas morning. 

{happy}
The girls have been so happy to have another new home* (in addition to their Castle and Fairy Forest Lodge) for their Calico Critters!   

(*and I am very happy to have been able to sell all my old Cookie Lee inventory, which has been sitting in my closet for two years, to a new consultant for just enough to pay for the dollhouse! Less clutter in my closet and a beautiful heirloom quality doll house for the girls!  Yay!!)

{funny}
I knew that the girls would love their new Marie-Grace and Cecile Mini Dolls, but I had no idea that this bonnet, which Twinkle Toes also found in her stocking, would be such a hit...  She has been wearing it practically ALL the time! I should have ordered one for Chiquita too!

{real}
A little glimpse of Christmas Morning at our home...  

I have more pictures I'd like to share from Christmas Day, but I'm not making any promises.  In fact the only reason I have another post this morning is because I created this one last night, just before realizing that it was still only Wednesday, and quickly creating this post instead!  ;)

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment!

7 comments:

  1. Your pictures are simply beautiful!

    How ever did you manage to have such an uncluttered space on Christmas morning? No matter how much I scale back on Christmas gifts, our family room always looks like someone bombed the room on Christmas morning. Of course, I can't control what others buy so that may be part of the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your beautiful Christmas blessings.

    Pax Christi,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet and wonderful...It is so strange that I have no idea where you live or really much about you. However, I feel close to your family through what you share on this blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of your beautiful family! I love the girls' nightgowns. Adorable... and so is the bonnet! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the bonnet! Our daughter received one as a gift for her birthday and is still thrilled to be able to play "Little House on the Prairie"! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your pictures of Christmas. I didn't feel so bad about our 4 AM bedtime on Christmas morning.

    Thanks for all the inspiration for the holiday season; I enjoyed reading and gathering up ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that she loves the bonnet! It looks real cute.

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.