Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Traditional Latin Mass and First Holy Communions

On Friday, January 13th, the traditional feast of the Baptism of Our Lord, our two oldest daughters received their First Holy Communions in the Extraordinary form of the Mass. It was such a beautiful Mass, offered by their Uncle, and served by their father and oldest brother.


The Beauty and Splendor of the Ancient Liturgy. The Sung Latin Mass is celebrated with all the solemnity of Gregorian chant, incense, and ceremonial.


Pie pellicane, Iesu Domine,
Me immundum munda tuo sanguine.
Cuius una stilla salvum facere
Totum mundum quit ab omni scelere.


My First Holy Communion!


"May this holy Mass keep all stain of sin from my soul. May It keep me close to Your Sacred Heart, O Jesus, as long as I live. May It bind me to You forever in Heaven."



"May this Holy Sacrifice which I have offered please Thee O Lord.  May it bring Thy blessing upon me, and upon all for whom I have offered it, through the merits of Christ, Our Lord.  Amen."

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos.

    Congratulations to your beautiful girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! These photos were all taken by our friend Marc. I'm so excited to have them for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also very powerful to witness in this day and age, on top of what you wrote, is to see priest and brother and nephew celebrating/participating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The outfits your girls wore were lovely, and your son is so beautiful. How delightful that your brother-in-law was able to administer the sacraments for your children! What a wonderful day for your family!

    Your BIL is one of the priests at the parish where I've attended the TLM twice. :-) In fact, he said both Masses that I attended. I'd like to go more often, but it's two hours away from me, though it's the TLM that's closest to where I live. --Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. continued prayers for your beautiful girls and precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So incredibly beautiful, everything! What a blessing to see these photos...thank you for sharing this glimpse into your girls' special day. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica, thank you for sharing all of these beautiful photos. I will pray that the Extraordinary Rite can become available near you so that you and your family can participate all of the time. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am in tears watching these photo. When so suffering to have the real mass...

    big wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. were your girls not in a Sunday School class...though I think it is really neat that the Baptism and their First Communion were shared and their Uncle presided...so neat...

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.