Thursday, April 26, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life. ~

{pretty}


This was one of my favorite pictures of my pretty girl, taken during her Early American Pioneer Party, on her birthday. 


{happy}


Our boys were very happy and excited to dress up for their sister's birthday party.   Especially when they got to wear their Daddy's old cowboy hats from his Rodeo Days.  


{funny}



I know I already posted this picture a couple days ago, but take a closer look at it...  
Notice anything that doesn't belong? 



Now?  If not, don't feel bad, I sure didn't... 
I was focused on the birthday girl, not that mischievous little 2 year old of ours.


It took me a few hours, and quite a few pictures, to finally find that missing nursing pad I had lost that afternoon when feeding the baby!  She refused to give it back, shoving it further down her shirt.


That little one of ours always loves "her" accessories!


{real}



Too much fun for this little cowboy, who rarely naps anymore.  
He sure looked cute passed out on the couch! 

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment

19 comments:

  1. All these pictures gave me a huge chuckle! Love the nursing pad and where it is placed. She wants to be just like Mommy. :) God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! Love the nursing pad - what a hoot. Your children are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my what a stinker!!! A cute stinker, for sure, but a stinker! And your tuckered out little cowpoke is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of a loving family. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have four girls over here and I cannot pass up a girl in a bonnet. I've even found a local place here in Texas where I can get bonnets for under $9!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so priceless!! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally beautiful! And I didn't notice right away - our little ones are usually welcomed by older sibs to blow candles :-) That is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh, I had to take a moment to comment that these photos are so precious! I love seeing your little cowboys and cowgirls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are all too cute! That last one of your little tuckered out cowboy is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all too precious! i'll be certain to share this post with sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful pics, all of them - Sweet, beautiful Chiquita and precious Rose (a definite laugh out loud pic!). Can't leave out the boys - They looked terrific in their hats and outfits. What a great idea for a party. It looks like a marvelous time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling children! What a great party. Happy weekend, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH my gosh...the last two are FANTASTIC! What a "wiped out little dude" you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the last two pictures. I remember days when my little ones would fall fast asleep after a big day

    ReplyDelete
  15. simply so cute. love it. love that pic of your two little boys also. happy birthday big 7 year old girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my goodness. I just love the nursing pad tucked in her shirt.That is funny!. All your children are beautiful. Happy Birthday to your sweet 7 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your children were MADE for that time period. How precious. <3

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.