Tuesday, April 3, 2012

State-by-State Scrapbook :: Virginia


"O is for "The Old Dominion,"
a name given us by Royalty
for during England's civil war,
Virginia showed her loyalty."

O is for Old Dominion: A Virginia Alphabet

Well, the boys have been feeling a little bit left out since I stopped posting their State Scrapbook Pages last year.    They spend quite a bit of time on each state, creating their own little illustrations inspired by the Discover America State by State Alphabet Series.  They have been asking me for a long time to post some more to share with you all!  Now that the girls have caught up to where I left off posting with the boys, I will start adding them as well, beginning with Virginia.

These pictures were taken last March...


Captain is the only one of our children that has been on an airplane.   (Technically Bud has too, since I was pregnant with him when I went to TX last fall.)  Back in 2000, when Captain was just a few months old, we traveled to VA for my sister-in-law's wedding!  Captain decided to include copies of a few of the pictures that were taken during our visit to Arlington Cemetery on his scrapbook pages. 

"A is for Arlington
where the brave and the best
in old plantation grounds
forever lie at rest."



It doesn't look like I took a picture of Rascal with his pages, but here they are completed:


You can find links to the printables we used for these pages here: State-by-State Scrapbook.   I'll be back soon with a post on the girls' study and baking for Virginia!  

1 comment:

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.