Thursday, May 17, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life. ~


{pretty}


Hubby gave me two pretty new hanging baskets with flowers for Mother's Day.  
I was so excited, I've always wanted a couple for our front porch, and I especially love that the baskets have fluer-di-lis's on them - one of the symbols for our Blessed Mother! 


{happy}


I'm so very happy and blessed to be the mother to our seven children!  

They were all given S'more Goodie Bags at a birthday party we attended, which made for the perfect end to a supper fun weekend. 


{funny}



At the birthday party, the kids all had a blast on the homemade water slide! 


Watching Snuggles slide down was hilarious!



{real}


Yes, according to our kiddos, that water slide was "REALLY" fun!


Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment

8 comments:

  1. What fun! Happy weekend! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That makes me wish our backyard wasnt so flat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That slide looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! And what a coincidence, I too received hanging baskets as gifts, and we also had a s'mores evening around our fire bowl. No water slide though...maybe next year (looks like a blast!). :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this makes me want to be a kid again. so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What exactly does a s'more goodie bag consist of? That sounds like a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Hershey Bar, a couple graham crackers, and a few marshmallows. All the goodies to make your own s'mores! My kids loved them.

      Delete
  7. now i want to dig a trench in our backyard and make a waterslide! it slopes perfectly, but we probably have too many rocks. :( looks like they had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.