Monday, July 16, 2012

A Simple Caramel Applesauce Crown Cake

... to celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel!


Caramel Applesauce Crown Cake

Ingredients:

3 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 fresh apple, grated or chopped (skin left on is okay)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Caramel sauce (optional)

Directions:

Heat oven to 350˚ F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.  (I choose a beautiful Marian Fleur de Lis Bundt Pan for our crown cake. )   

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

Bake for approximately 45-50 minutes.  Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  
Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan.   Cool completely and then top with caramel sauce.

*This cake can also be baked in a 9x13 pan for 35-40 minutes, or 2 -9" round layers for 30-35 minutes. 

*You can find my beautiful Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Statue here


May Our Lady of Mount Carmel bless you, and May God reward you all for your prayers, encouragement, and kindness!  I am so blessed! 

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake -- worthy to celebrate Our Queen's day. And that statue is gorgeous! I attended a Mass this evening for the secular discalced Carmelites (of which my mother in law is one) and it was so beautiful (everything is beautiful!). The Gospel was John "woman behold your son" And "Behold your mother". In Father's homily he told us to always remember that before we ever looked at Our Holy Virgin as a mother, she was already looking at us as her child. Isn't that an awesome (truly!) thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummmmmmmmm very cute !

    Amitiés de FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake is beautiful and I'm sure it tastes yummy. I will be visiting my sister-in-law who is a nun and now living at the convent mother house. I will ask that you be included in the prayers of the sisters for healing. Try to find time for rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers Jessica, that you are feeling better soon and get a clean bill of health. And continued thanks to you for sharing your blog with us -- it is a blessing! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica, this is a wonderful idea!!!!! What a great way to celebrate Our Lady's feast day!!! I also wanted to tell you that Heather nominated you for an award on my blog:
    http://www.crafolic.com/2012/07/two-more-awards-help-me-nominate-other.html
    It's very well deserved!!!
    Take care of yourself and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.