Thursday, September 27, 2012

Highlights from "Z" Week


*I wasn't able to find all the pictures, or all the worksheets/coloring pages to take pictures of (they were on my desk until a week or so ago!), but here is what I have for Z Week - over 2 years later!  :)


~  Zinnia Fairy Coloring Pages ~


The girls colored the Zinnia Fairy from the The Flower Fairies Alphabet Coloring Book while listening to A Flower Fairy Alphabet on CD.


~ Letter Formation ~


The girls made the letter Z with Modeling Wax, Wooden Pieces and on paper.  I can't seem to find the pictures from that, but here are some of the Zoo Animals they made out of Playdoh, which was a gift from a friend, and a very rare treat in our home! ;) 



~ Picture Book Science ::  Zoo ~


Here are the books we've been reading about Zoo's:

Z Is for Zookeeper: A Zoo Alphabet
My Visit to the Zoo
Curious George Visits the Zoo


Coloring Pages and Extra Activities from Wild Animals Fun Kit


The girls also helped plan a birthday party for Snuggles with a "Zoo" themed cake!



~ Z is for St. Zita ~


Here is our hand-painted St. Zita which completes our Alphabet of Saints.


They also colored St. Zita Coloring Pages from Catholic Artworks and completed some copywork, which I created at Writing Wizard using the quote from An Alphabet of Catholic Saints.


~ Picture Study : Z is for Zig Zag ~


I'm pretty sure this was the girls favorite picture study this year from the Museum ABC's book and nesting blocks


~ Z is for Zucchini ~


I actually can't even remember how I made these "Zuccanoes," but they were so yummy!   You can find lots of recipes online, but since I didn't have all the ingredients for any one recipe I combined a few.   I'm going to have to make them again since everyone loved them.   Updated to add:  Forgot all about these!  Sure wish I would have saved (blogged!) the recipe so we could make them again.  ;)


~ Z is for Zamboni ~


I surprised my children with a copy of Z is for Zamboni.  They were SO excited!


Whew!  That wasn't so hard!  Now I can move on to posting pictures of Suggles' A Week without feeling behind!  ;) 

1 comment:

  1. So sweet to see how much your kids have grown, lol!
    Your zucchanoes look yum...we've been making a gf pizza-option w/zucchini & regular pizza toppings at our house, too (very similar!).
    Looking forward to seeing your new A-week post :) I think we'll be starting w/the letter A next week, to join along with you and the other families who are moseying down the Path this year. Lol, doesn't it seem even better the second time around? I know I sure am enjoying it as much as my children. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.