Thursday, August 9, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life. ~

I was working on a daybook post yesterday, but never had a chance to finish it... maybe later, after we get home from swimming lessons.   In the meantime, here are a few pictures I took this past week with my phone using Instagram!

{pretty}


 This pretty bouquet of flowers has been making me smile every time I walk into my kitchen.   They are from my neighbor, who sells flowers at the Grower's Market each weekend.  
Don't you just love gladiolus? 


{happy}


The dipped (shell) cones from DQ after swimming lessons on Captain's baptismal anniversary were a huge hit and oh-so-easy!


{funny}


We attended a friend's wedding last Saturday, and the bride choose pink, black and white for her colors.  So pretty!!!  ;)  Anyways, we all thought it was funny when the Bride & Groom pulled up to the reception in a Pink Hot Rod!  My girls loved it, and were so excited when they got to climb up inside.   It was such a beautiful wedding and fun reception! 


{real}


It is so nice to have freshly picked tomatoes from our own garden this summer! 


Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment

5 comments:

  1. I love each photo! That pink car! That gorgeous face about to enjoy his ice cream! Those lovely tomatoes and the lovely bonneted tomato picker! And the gladiolas are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bonnet! My sisters and I wore bonnets all the time, usually playing our own version of Little House on the Prairie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures..so nice catch..i love taking photos too

    shower

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.