Thursday, August 16, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life. ~


{pretty}

© Marc Salvatore - Used with Permission
© Marc Salvatore - Used with Permission
© Marc Salvatore - Used with Permission
© Marc Salvatore - Used with Permission
We were very blessed to be able to attend Mass at Rascal's godparents home on the feast of the Assumption, offered by Father Carmelo.   


{happy}

This week's Mexican Polenta Pie.   My new favorite, for sure!  



The girls made Charlotte's Ptasie Mleczko this week, to celebrate the feast of St. Maximillan Kolbe!



{funny}


Bud seems to wait for a special occasion for his teeth to come in!  The first tooth popped out during Captain's birthday party. The second (top right) arrived during the Wedding Mass of a friend.  And the third (top left) finally broke through yesterday, during Mass on the feast of the Assumption.  He has been much happier today!



{real}


The last couple days I've been working on cleaning and organizing our school room for the new year.  Today I decided to round up all the unused paper and file folders from around the house to see what I needed for this coming year.  Um... I think we are good!  Apparently I tend to hoard paper...

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment

7 comments:

  1. Well, you are the smart one (this time, apparently, lol) to check your supplies before you go shopping! Your baby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    I love your Ptasie Mleczko! :D
    Greets from Poland,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture makes me laugh. I tend to hoard paper too, but never can find a scrap when I need to write a grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pictures... my 8-year-old son thinks Bud is awfully cute! He also wants to know when I'll be making the Ptasie Mleczko! ;) +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I also decided to organize all our school supplies before shopping. I had the kids pull everything out and we sorted through, purged, and reorganized everything into one cabinet. Verdict: we don't need any school supplies!! I must admit, I am a little bummed about not getting to buy new supplies. It's just one of those things I have always enjoyed.

    Best wishes in getting ready for school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing the pictures of Fr. Carmelo's mass. What a blessing! Bud reminds me so much of Snuggles. :)
    I had to chuckle about the paper. I do the same thing, but this year I actually do need to go out and buy more. I really didn't have to buy much of anything last year. Many blessing for you in the new school year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing! I won't even tell you about our Feast of the Assumption faliure. It was not pretty. I have not been that lucky lately, lol. I need you to come over and help me with my school area. It is not pretty~

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.