Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All Saints Scavenger Hunt {A Printable Party Game!}


One of the games I made last night, for our party this evening, is an All Saints Scavenger Hunt. Last year we used Charlotte's printable Search for the Saints, and the kids loved it, but I wanted to offer something a little different this year. I have printed 16 saint cards which I will hand out to 16 of the adults. The children will each receive the following list of clues, and they will need to match each clue to the correct saint. Once the child thinks he knows who it is, he will ask the person representing (holding the picture of) the saint. If he is correct the "saint" signs the line next to the correct clue on his child's clue sheet. Here are the clues that my husband and I came up for our game:

5 comments:

  1. This was great! It was fun and the kids loved it. It really is a great way to learn more about the saints too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you include an answer sheet...I would like to use this for my Confirmation 2 students tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go! (The saints are actually listed in the saint cards printable in the same order as the matching questions.) Hope this helps:

      My nickname was “The Dumb Ox.” - St. Thomas Acquinas

      I am referred to as “The Pope of the Holy Eucharist” and preached against modernism. - St. Pope Pius X

      I led an army when I was only 13. - St. Joan of Arc

      I am known for saying “I am the king’s good servant, but God’s first!” - St. Thomas More

      My name means “Who is like God?” - St. Michael the Archangel

      My “Little Way” means love and trust in God. - St. Therese of Lisieux

      I saw a vision of Our Lady on a hill in Mexico. - St. Juan Diego

      I died defending my purity. - St. Maria Goretti

      I am known for saying “Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.” - St. Francis of Assisi

      I am the patron saint of Boy Scouts. - St. George

      I found the relics of the true cross. - St. Helen

      One of my titles is “Terror of Demons.” - St. Joseph

      I developed plainchant as the music of the Church and am the patron saint of choirboys and singers. - St. Gregory the Great

      All generations shall call me blessed. - Blessed Virgin Mary

      Our Lady appeared to me in Lourdes, France asking for prayer and penance for the conversion of sinners. - St. Bernadette

      I am the patroness of Musicians. - St. Cecilia

      Delete
  3. I'm printing now to use in our homeschool co-op this week! Thanks so much Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...