Thursday, April 18, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life. ~

{pretty}


 I think colored pencils are so pretty!  I especially love them when they have fun names, like "peacock" and "golden beak!" This extra thick set is the Gold Birds Metallic Pencils from eeBoo, and is what Rose has been using to color her Easter Coloring Page.  


{happy}


The big girls were very happy that we were still having our annual Mother-Daughter Tea Party, even though we completed Little Flowers last year.  


The boys were also very happy to serve for the tea, once they found out that three of their friends were willing to help as well.   The $5 tips they each received were definitely an added bonus!
 I heard one of the boys say "We can each get a new mini-figure!!!" 
Yes, they were very happy, and they did an excellent job! 


 



{funny}


The weather has been crazy this week!  On Monday we had grey skies... Rain... Hail... Snow... More rain... Blue Skies... Sunshine... Grey skies... More hail... and then the blue skies came back.   It is sunny (yet still a little chilly today) but thankfully the blue skies are back. I'm hoping they will stick around!  I'm so ready for summer.


The kids did enjoy the hail and all ran outside immediately before I caught them and told them all to "GET BACK INSIDE!!!"  Thankfully it wasn't damaging hail, but still! 
 Later we discussed hail, and all the potential hazards...  ;)


{real}


Where is this poor little boy's momma?!  He fell asleep half way across the tile floor while I was making pizzas for lunch last Friday afternoon for the kids and our visitors.  Poor baby!  I wasn't going to take a picture (proof of what a awful mom I am sometimes!) but my friend insisted.  Don't you just love the drool and his little toes tucked under his bottom.  And that little bruise on his forehead?  Well, he has started banging his head on whatever is closest (including that hard tile floor) when he is upset or doesn't get his way...  I've never had a baby do that before!


In my defense, he doesn't usually fall asleep on the floor.  
I posted proof on Instagram the other night...  ;)




Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.

19 comments:

  1. Those are such sweet photos! I love the one of Bud sleeping on the floor. My son does that sometimes in his room around nap time. He'll be playing and then it gets quiet and I find him sleeping on the floor next to his toys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is Bud?! My little one is into tossing herself on the ground when she doesn't get her way. I'm hoping this phase will pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, such sweet baby pics!! One of my babies was a head-banger, too....thankfully she outgrew it fairly quickly, but I remember it was NOT a fun stage to go through. :(
    My daughter & I have been enjoying all of your beautiful Tea photos this week ~ what a fun, lovely day!
    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colletee! I'm really hoping this stage passes quickly too... It's awful!!

      Delete
  4. Jessica your dress is gorgeous and you look gorgeous in it! Where did you get it??? And I love the stage where babies sleep with their bums in the air...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I am so excited to finally be able to wear this dress! It was a Christmas gift from my husband the year before last and it always made me look pregnant until now. It was from Garnet Hill.

      Delete
  5. My youngest does the banging head against things too. Crazy kid... He will take my hand and lead me to his crib and ask for nap, he just knows what he wants!

    I also must compliment you on the photo with your two girls. The dress you are wearing is either very flattering or you have really been working out a lot because you look great! (not that you didn't look good before of course...) (how do you say these things without sounding like some sort of internet stalker...?) ;)

    Christ is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olivia! :) I still have a ways to go, and it hasn't helped that I have been sick on and off the last month or so which has made it next to impossible to exercise, but I am down 30 pounds since last spring! I've finally dropped below my last pre-pregnancy weight now I just need to keep working on all the rest... And I am sort of hiding behind my girls! ;)

      I'm glad to hear that Bud isn't the only one that does this... It's frustrating, especially since he keeps bruising his forehead, but it seems like he is usually overtired and calms down after a nap.

      Delete
  6. Love the baby sleeping on the floor pic the best! My youngest did this the other day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress! Your dress! Love!

    So I'm not supposed to let my kids play outdoors in hail? Whoops.

    And that picture of Bud is hilarious and adorable. My baby (younger than yours, you might remember) has made a regular habit of eating Trix from the pantry while I make dinner. Not my own best mom moment. But you know.... Real. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hail scares me! But probably only because we have had golf-ball sized hail here before and I always picture a random huge chunk of ice falling from the sky and knocking out one of my kids! ;)

      Delete
  8. My little guy falls asleep wherever, whenever. Last summer (he was 2.5) he fell asleep on the kitchen floor, frisbee in hand while my older boy and I were looking through storage boxes in another room. Wish I could post a pic for you to prove it. Hmmm...maybe I can link to my Facebook...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3672057283778&set=a.1101177093380.2015691.1345260777&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! What a cutie!! Thanks for sharing the picture! :)

      Delete
  9. I might pay money for my kids to fall asleep! They don't sleep anywhere except their beds...and with many other conditions met! They don't and never have slept in their car seats or being held or rocked or in church or.....

    And it was not because I didn't try. They just scream (for hours and hours) if tired. Road trips are not so much fun. Bella managed to stay awake at 12 months old for an entire 11 hour drive to MN, getting in at 2am and then still not sleep when we got there because it was not her bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor tired baby! I will pray he outgrows this horrible head banging phase soon. Cupcake has started doing it again recently only when she pitches a fit and it usually involves teething too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a head banger and we found out he had fluid in his inner ear - it never got infected but the pressure would be painful to him hence the head banging. We ended up needing to put in ear tubes which helped immensely and improved his hearing which we also didn't realize was lessened by the fluid. We thought he talked so loud because you would almost have to to be heard in a family with 8 boys *and 1 little girl*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a poor baby asleep on the tile!! Too funny. Sometimes you just wonder why we bother with pillows etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica, I really wanted NOT to bother you with this, but I can't help it - Bud's jeans are TOO CUTE and I would love to know the brand and/or where you got them! I love the elastic waist - much more forgiving for those little bodies! (do they make them for mamas? :>))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's not bother at all! :) His jeans are from Gymboree. They don't have this line anymore, and only limited sizes left in the other similar pair he has with the elastic waist - but I'm sure they will have them again. The original prices on their clothes is spendy, but they have really great sales. You could also check ebay.

      Delete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.