Thursday, June 20, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life. ~

{pretty}


Rose playing with her pretty pink kitchen while Bud napped and I cleaned their room.



{happy}


Last week I spent most of Monday sitting in waiting rooms.  Back when I was pregnant with Bud I had a mechanic look at the brakes on our Sienna since it would shake badly when I would use the brakes.  He said that the pads still had some life to them, but the rotors were warped.  He said we could get away with waiting a year to replace them. That was two years ago. We set aside some of our tax refund to finally fix the brakes and really needed to do so before any summer trips.  Despite the "one hour" wait (which turned into four followed by a trip to the tire store for new tires too, which were also needed "as soon as possible!") and a very cranky toddler, I was very happy to have them finally fixed. and can hardly believe the difference!  Now to see if we can still afford the gas for all these upcoming summer plans... 


{funny}


I just noticed that half of the pictures on my phone from the last week are of us all sleeping!  This photo is my favorite and was taken Sunday afternoon, on our way home from Catholic Family Camp, as we were trying to wake them up for the annual stop at Dairy Queen on Father's Day with all our friends.  I still can't believe that Snuggles can actually sleep like that... And Twinkle Toes' hands?! lol


{real}



We actually didn't plan to go to camp this year... It was a last minute decision after a generous scholarship was offered to our family at the last minute!  The kids were all so excited, but it left me scrambling last week, trying to squeeze in the car repairs on top of packing, grocery shopping for camp, rescheduling some prior appointments, and trying to find new shoes for some of the kids.  I was in town until about 10:30 on Wednesday night, and then had a conference (Teaching Writing with Structure and Style!) I was scheduled to attend starting at 8am Thursday morning.  Camp started Thursday night and I thought I could try and go to at least the first day of the conference.  I made it until noon and then headed home to finish packing.  (I was definitely sad that I missed the rest of the conference, but I do own it on DVD so hopefully I can finish it this summer.)  It was a good thing too, after seeing some of what had been (or had not been!) packed.  Since we had to take two cars anyways I decided to stay home with the two little ones and head to camp the next morning.   Oh, it was heavenly!  Rose and Bud both fell asleep by 7pm and slept until 8:30am!!!  They also napped most of the drive to camp!  Of course I can't say the same for that first night camping, but at least I had gotten some sleep the night before! ;)


I do hope to post some of the pictures from camp, and then get back to all the other posts that have been piling up in my draft folder as well as all the emails in my inbox, but we have golf camp every day this week, tomorrow is the kid's Golf Tournament and Snuggles' 6th birthday, then we have plans to meet up with friends at the coast this weekend!   The two little ones and I both came down with fevers last night, so please say a prayer that whatever this is passes quickly... We don't have time to be sick at the moment!   I really miss visiting with you all and hope to get back to blogging soon.


Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.

12 comments:

  1. I love the photos of sleeping kiddos! I'm really happy you got to go to camp, it sounds like the perfect way to fellowship with other Catholic families and just the thing we need down South as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos of sleeping children are the best.I love capturing photos of my kids when they are sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Rose and Snuggles both fell asleep..."

    Those blog names sure get confusing when "Snuggles" isn't the snuggliest one anymore. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do! However, I must admit, I do mix up Snuggles and Bud's real names too every once in awhile! :) One of these days I really need to give Snuggles a new blog name, especially since he is turning 6 tomorrow. That will make it even more confusing...

      And I am impressed that you caught my mistake! Thanks for pointing it out so I could correct the post! :)

      Delete
    2. I can't believe he is turning 6! It seems like you just had his 5th birthday party. Where does the time go???

      I can see how you get the two mixed up, they are looking more and more alike, in my opinion. If they could just stay little a little longer.

      Glad you had a good trip and got some sleep. Looking forward to golfing photos, they are always so cute. God bless and hope you are feeling better.

      Delete
  4. elles sont belles vos photos bisous mon amie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Snuggles...maybe he could be "Ranger" now. My fourth son turns six on the 22nd. What a blur the last five years have been! had twins when he was 23mo and I feel like I was tired and cranky for the last four years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually been considering "Ranger" for him, along with a few other names. There are a few other nicknames that I'd like to change, as the kids get older (Rascal, Twinkle Toes, etc) but I'm not sure what to change them to that they won't outgrow again, or make things too confusing... I don't know what to do! It's hard enough naming them the first time! ;)

      Delete
    2. And I can't even imagine how difficult twins are for the mother. I remember when my mom had my twin sisters (they are 21 now) and thinking "why did we ever pray for twins?! THIS IS TOO MUCH WORK!" (and I was only the oldest sibling... I didn't have to stay up at night with them! It really is fun to have twins in the family, but I have always prayed that God sends my children just one at a time! ;) Though if He ever did decide to send twins to our family I would love them just as much... and probably enroll all the rest of the kids in school! ;)

      Delete
    3. Totally get the twins comment. I had 6 kids, age 3 and under here 50 hours a week until 2 weeks ago. The youngest were 10 month old twins (age when they moved). Twins are hard!!! And then add 2 one year olds, a 2 year old and a 3 year old and it was enough to make me want to send my kids to day care rather than be the day care provider! Lol

      Delete
  6. Twins are fun! I often see their older siblings smile when the twins say or do something. It is special. I wish I could go back to when they were two (now feeling rested). Mine were mono-mono twins so the drama made it hard to fully enjoy the pregnancy (long story). If you had twins, Jessica, you would continue to amaze us with all you do. Plus, having a large family helps. Older children doing chores and helping younger ones. I would love to have twins again so I could apply what I learned. Julie, I think it would be harder being a care provider to other's children, esp. twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, God would send the graces needed along with twins... And they really are fun! In the back of my mind I always wonder if He will send us twins, since the thought terrifies me so! :)

      Delete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.