Thursday, January 9, 2014

Noah's Ark - The Invitation :: A 1,000 Piece Puzzle



I always love when what we are studying for History ties in nicely to the Liturgical Year! This Noah's Ark puzzle was perfect to complete during Advent to go along with our Jesse Tree readings.

We actually had a pretty slow start with our history studies this fall... We are currently wrapping up Unit Two and I just finished reading Gilgamesh (also available from R.C. History) aloud to the children. It was the first time we had read this story - the oldest known legend - and they all loved the part that told of a great flood and of one man who survived by building an ark! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jessica! I have an important question for you I've been meaning to ask.... We have 6 children 10 and under, the youngest is 18 months. We keep trying to do puzzles, and can't find a way to do it where the little ones don't frustrate our efforts, lose puzzles pieces, or take apart our puzzle when we're not looking. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.. We have a card table that I set up just for the puzzles, and this puzzle we completed up on the counter, out of reach. Usually my little ones don't bother them too much (I did let Bud play with the puzzle a little on Christmas Eve while I watched). Surprisingly, with all the puzzles we've completed we have not lost any pieces yet (we had to do a little searching after I came home from the hospital with Bud).

      I have considered the Puzzle Stow and Go and Puzzle Sort and Go in the past... Perhaps something like that might be a good option for your family?

      Delete

You can find my Comment Policy and Guidelines here. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from my visitors here at Shower of Roses! May God bless you all!

Note: All comments are moderated.