Monday, October 20, 2014

Bargain Priced Books :: The Little Drummer Boy


I know I should be making plans for Our Annual All Saints' Party at the end of the month, but I got a little distracted this afternoon thinking about Christmas and trying to choose a couple more picture books to give the children on St. Nicholas Day this year. (It's less than 7 weeks away!) 

The hardcover/library edition of The Little Drummer Boy by Ezra Jack Keats is currently 43% off!  
The paperback edition is still less (and currently 22% off!), but I always try to purchase hardcovers for our collection when possible. They hold up so much better to all the love they receive in our home! 

We've always enjoyed The Little Drummer Boy, when we've checked it out from the library, and it was mentioned at least a few times last year when I asked you all to share your favorite Christmas books for children.  It is finally going to end up in our collection either on the feast of St. Nicholas or in one of the "stacks of books" on Christmas morning! 

Now I just need to figure out what to do about this year's Advent Candles. . . I'm tempted to switch to tapers so I can purchase the gorgeous 100% Beeswax Advent Candles hand-poured by the Dominican Nuns of the Monastery of Our Lady of the Rosary at The Cloister Shoppe!