Thursday, October 9, 2014

{pretty, happy, funny, real} :: Road Trip with the Girls!

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life with Like Mother, Like Daughter. ~

{pretty}


One of the first places the girls and I visited our recent (2,000 mile!) road trip was Multnomah Falls, the tallest waterfall in Oregon.  Isn't it so pretty?! 






{happy}


It was such a blessing to be able to visit my brother-in-law and attend daily Low Masses and a Sunday High Mass at his parish.



Sean and the older boys visited earlier this summer, but the girls and I hadn't seen him since he flew out to baptize Bud, "Churching of Women" for me, and give the girls their First Confession and First Holy Communion nearly three years ago.  The girls were all so happy to see him again! 


This was actually the first time I've visited a FSSP parish, other than when we attended my husband's three brother's ordinations to the priesthood. It was so inspiring!  


We continue praying that someday we will be blessed with an FSSP parish within driving distance or that we are able to move to an area that already has one established… 


The girls also loved making new friends… 


… and so did I!  We all had such a wonderful time and didn't want to leave!



{funny}


Some of you may have already seen this picture over at Instagram, but one afternoon the girls and I spent some time downtown shopping. My favorite store was All Things Irish. Where else can you find saint stories, beautiful statues, and Guinness?! So awesome!


{real}


The floating boardwalk in Coeur d'Alene is really long! In fact, at 3,300 feet long, 12 feet wide, and 10 feet deep, with a 60-foot-long bridge on the west side, it is the longest floating boardwalk in the world. The girls and I stopped to check it out just before Mass on our way out of town!







I'll be back soon with some pictures from our next stop!