Thursday, November 19, 2015

{pretty, happy, funny, real} :: Rose's First Lost Tooth

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life with Like Mother, Like Daughter. ~

{real} Last Sunday, while I was wrapping Christmas books for Advent, I heard Rose crying. I ran out of my bedroom to the hallway to find two of her brothers trying to comfort her and reassure her that losing a tooth really isn't such a horrible thing... The look on Snuggles face! He is such a loving big brother! 

{happy} That tooth has been close to falling out for months now, and was even closer Sunday night hanging on by a thread, but she was very happy when she was able to prop it back up... She did not want to lose that first tooth!

{pretty} Today, on the traditional feast of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, our little Rose lost her first tooth! I'm surprised it hung on for so long - she has been carefully eating her food all week, cutting everything into tiny pieces - but it finally fell out this afternoon! She was so relieved that it wasn't nearly as bad as she thought it might be.
My baby girl is growing up!

{funny} My dad was working in the area and happened to stop by just after it fell out! After she showed her grandpa her tooth, he asked if she had ever heard the story One Morning in Maine, a story he always read to my siblings and I when we were growing up. She hadn't so I pulled it off the shelf. Watching him read it to her was so special!
Hmmm... I wonder if that story has anything to do with her losing that tooth for a second time this evening...
She is really hoping we find it soon! :) We seem to be losing everything this week!