Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Bargain Priced Books :: Katy's Christmas Gift



I'm always on the lookout for great deals on books and wanted to share one I found on Katy's Christmas Gift. I haven't seen this book in person (I added it to my "possible Christmas books to buy" list when it was published last year) and it doesn't have any reviews on Amazon yet, but for $2.82 (84% off and Free Shipping with with Amazon Prime) I'm willing to take a chance. It sounds sweet:  

Katy sets out in the snow to visit the new baby born in the innkeeper's stable. She is bringing gifts: a loaf of bread, her cat Sasha and, most importantly, her favourite toy -- a wooden bird whistle. But Sasha doesn't want to play in the cold snow, and the animals of the forest eat the bread. Soon Katy's carefully chosen gifts are gone -- except the most special one of all. As the snow gets deeper and she gets colder, Katy wonders whether she'll ever have the chance to give her gift to the baby? Katy's Christmas Gift is a heart-warming and original version of the Christmas story for young children. Bernadette Watt's lively illustrations are full of colour, light, joy and festive feeling.

Amazon prices change frequently so I'm sharing the link now, in case any of you are interested.
(Update: That was fast! According to my Amazon Affiliate stats it looks like at some of you were able to order copies in the last hour at either $2.82 or $3.60 before the price was increased!) 

For additional Christmas book suggestions you can find some of our lists in the archives: