Thursday, December 17, 2015

O Antiphon Chocolate Coins


When I made our St. Nicholas Coins for this year I saved some of the large coins from each of the candy bags (I purchased the chocolate coins from Trader Joe's), giving the children all the small coins along with three large St. Nicholas coins. I thought about saving the extras to make Christmas Coins but then, after counting and having seven each, I decided to make O Antiphon Coins once again. 

We have decorated these chocolates in the past, using the document I shared in this post, but this year I decided to use the beautiful O Antiphon images from The Jesse Tree shared by Michele Quigley.


I printed page two of Michele's document at 75% and cut out the circles for December 17th-December 23rd with my circle punch



I wanted the edges of each gold coin to show so I trimmed off a little more with the scissors.  I need to find a slightly smaller punch! 





I decorated two sets of coins and then turned the rest over to my girls to finish. They did a great job. It's so nice having helpers! :)





We will start praying the O Antiphons this evening, after the boys arrive back home from hockey, and enjoy the chocolates along with some other special treats for these Golden Nights!

You can scroll through all my past O Antiphon posts here

I hope you are all having a blessed Advent!