Thursday, April 13, 2017

Stout Grove :: Visiting the Coastal Redwoods


After the boys' high school golf tournament, we made one last stop before heading back home. I always love visiting the Redwoods! It had been awhile since our last visits to Stout Grove (here and here) and a first for our youngest two. I haven't been able to walk much the past month or so (due to some issues I'm having with my hips/spine/joints - most likely from when I broke my tailbone combined with the added pregnancy weight) but my current weekly visits to the physical therapist/chiropractor have been making a big difference and I was so happy to be able to walk the beautiful loop trail through these colossal 300-foot+ ancient coastal redwoods! 




"Even the Shamrocks here are huge!"



 


 


 


 

"We are making a triceratops!" 





"It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit." - Robert Louis Stevenson