I was just tagged by, Christie, at Tis' But A Season for another Meme! It didn't take me long to come up with seven things! LOL!!
Here are the rules...
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
SEVEN THINGS MEME
1. Growing up I always said, "When I grow up I am going to have a small family--ONLY 5 or 6 kids. And, I am NOT going to home-school them!" Now, 5 or 6 does NOT seem small (only when you are the oldest of 12) and I'm only 30 with lots of childbearing years left--God willing. Plus, I AM home-schooling my kids! God has His own plans for me, I guess!
2. I love to read. I started reading in pre-school and just kept on going... I would hide in my closet(which I still do on occasion), or under my bed (I don't fit under there anymore--but it was really cool as a kid) and read with a flashlight. In fact, I use to get grounded from reading! You see, when I was, oh, about 10 years old, I figured out that if I made my mom mad she would send me to my room and I could read. So, if I was in the middle of a good book, I would do something to make her mad and then get to go read. I became a very naughty daughter. She actually didn't catch on, till one time, after she said, "Go to your room, RIGHT NOW!" My dear sweet sister Jennifer said, "MOM! That's not fair! She just wants to go and finish her book." Anyhow, that ended that, and from that point forward, if I got in trouble, I was grounded from my books and given extra chores. Basically, I became Cinderella. (If you want to see what I am reading now, you can check out my Good Reads shelf. I am loving Good Reads!)
3. When I was 16 my hair started falling out. Mom couldn't figure out why and she put me on tons of different vitamins and herbs. (Money was always tight when I was little, and my parents didn't have any medical insurance, so I wasn't able to see a doctor.) Eventually it stopped. Luckily!!! Anyhow, about 4 years later-when I was 20, I was visiting my brother Sean (who was in the seminary at the time), and he said, "Jessy, there is something I need to tell you. Do you remember when your hair was falling out? Well... I had put Nair in your shampoo bottle. I dumped it out before it caused too much hair to fall out, though." Wasn't that sweet of him... Gotta love those little brothers who just love their big sister!
4. I have a horrible fear of needles. For some reason, every time I need an IV (which seems to be quite often, since I get so sick when I am pregnant) they have a difficult time inserting it... They say my "veins are small." I say, "you get one more try, and that's it!" ;) One time, they were digging around in my arm forever, as I clenched my teeth and hubby's arm, and then finally stopped. I finally took a breath and looked up at hubby asking if they were done--since I couldn't bare to look. He didn't say anything, and so I looked over at my arm, and there was nothing in it.. She said, "I think we will try the other side, honey." I cried. Speaking of child birth, I choose to deliver my babies naturally, although during this last delivery, I thought about reconsidering--Snuggles was our biggest baby and a whole pound bigger than the previous 2... But then again, I am too terrified of needles, anyways!
5. I have a weird allergy called chronic (idiopathic neurotic) angioedema. A large variety of things trigger it, and cause me to itch like crazy, swell, or go numb on one side of my face. It is SO annoying! A few of the things that trigger it for me include: Nsaids (most pain-meds fall in this category), antibiotics, Berries, Shellfish, Sodium Benzonate, alcohol, the Cold, the Heat, vibration (especially if I drive hubby's car), lack of sleep, and stress. So, I basically have allergic reactions ALL THE TIME! :) So, you see Christie, I'm a little neurotic too!
6. I love, love, love, Gymboree's clearance racks! My clothes may be rather plain, but my girls sure have some darling clothes! My friends don't even bother asking where I "found that cute dress" anymore. HOWEVER, I seriously hope to be able to remodel our kitchen before my mustard colored oven comes back into style, or stops working completely... so lately I have been staying away, and have become very grateful for hand-me-downs from friends, and gifts from family.
7. Ok, this last one is rather petty, however, I very much dislike being called “Jessy.” You see, when I was a in 2nd grade there was a very mean boy in my class (I went to a private Catholic school till 5th grade, when my parents decided to start home-schooling us.) by that name, who picked on me. My family all call me Jessy though, and you can always tell the people I know through my family since they all call me that too. If your going to shorten my name, I prefer Jess... It’s sort of like how a guy prefers to be called Tom if his name is Thomas rather than Tommy. But, if you insist on calling me "Jessy" please spell it "Jessie-with-an-ie," I think it looks better. :)
Ok, so now I have to tag seven people... Hum... Who to tag?? I am always afraid I will tag someone who has already been tagged, or that really hates to be tagged, so I'll try to avoid tagging the bloggers I suspect would really hate it and go for the following who seem like jolly good sports and, who, when I search their blog for "meme", don't seem to have done this one yet:
Amy at Knit Together in Love
Dawn at By Sun and Candlelight
Michele at Decrease to Increase
Meredith at Sweetness and Light
My cousin Margaret
My cousin Juliana
and Marci who just started her very first blog!
Leave me a comment if you post (or have posted) this meme so I can check it out!!! I'm off to finish dinner before I leave for my monthly Bunco night out! See you all soon!