On this special day for fathers, I've decided to let our children tell you some of the reasons that their daddy is so great! (I saw this idea on my cousin's blog last year and loved it! Thanks for the inspiration Meg!)
I asked them each the following questions:
1. What is something your dad does better than most dads?
2. What is the memory you cherish of your dad?
3. What is your favorite thing about your dad?
4. Is there anything else you'd like to say about (or to) your dad?
Here are their responses:
~ Captain ~
- My Dad is really good at teaching me how to serve Mass.
- I love all the times we play board games together, like Battleship, Lionhart and Settlers of Catan.
- He reads stories to me!
- Happy Father's Day!!
~ Rascal ~
- He is a really hard worker and fights wildfires!
- Hummmm, the time we hiked Lower Table Rock together, that was really fun!
- He helps me shoot "Captain's" Bee bee gun!
- I am so glad that he is my dad! He is a good baseball coach too, and always tells the other kids to stop when they are doing something bad.
~ Twinkle Toes ~
- Daddy is really good at hugging me goodnight!
- I really loved the time we went camping and roasted marshmallows.
- My favorite thing is hugging him goodnight!
- Yes, I really like going somewhere with him!
~ Chiquita ~
- My daddy helps me make my bed!
- I remember the time that I picked flowers outside to give to daddy!
- He helps me get games down out of there [points to the closet].
- I really like it when daddy reads me stories!
~ Snuggles ~
- Looks at me with an "Are you talkin' to me?" look.
- Shrugs shoulders.
- "One, Do, Thrrrreeeee!" (while signing)
- "Daddy!" (And runs to the front door to see if he is home!)
Well, maybe next year he'll be able to participate! ;)
St. Joseph, guardian of Jesus and chaste husband of Mary, you passed your life in loving fulfillment of duty. You supported the holy family of Nazareth with the work of your hands. Kindly protect those who trustingly come to you. You know their aspirations, their hardships, their hopes. They look to you because they know you will understand and protect them. You too knew trial, labor and weariness. But amid the worries of material life your soul was full of deep peace and sang out in true joy through intimacy with God's Son entrusted to you and with Mary, his tender Mother. Assure those you protect that they do not labor alone. Teach them to find Jesus near them and to watch over him faithfully as you have done. ~ Pope John XXIII
Happy Father's Day Daddy!!
We love you!!!