Here are a couple pictures I took real quick, after realizing I hadn't taken any, before removing the rest of the old furniture and pictures:
(Sorry for the mess!! It's amazing what one finds when beds and dressers are moved! I probably should have done a quick pick up before taking the pictures. ☺ )
The "Camelhair" paint that we had on the walls was nice, but as soon as it was painted (5 years ago) I realized it was too dark for a room with just one window. I couldn't wait to repaint it, but hubby said I was stuck with my decision for at least 5 years. The five years is up, and besides, the color just wouldn't work with the girl's bedding! ;)
I suppose I could have left the girls where they were and made this room our nursery, but I had a few reasons for wanting to move them:
- The beds would fit on either side of the window, unlike in their old room, due to the incorrect placement of a window when the room was built.
- The girls would be able to have a "closet." (Someday we will be able to close it in and make it "officially" a closet!)
- I'd be able to paint the walls to match their bedding -- at first I was thinking of Lilac, but hubby wasn't too crazy about that idea, and much more open to a Light Green...
- Their old room, being yellow, would work well for either a baby boy or a baby girl without needing to be painted.
I am out of time right now, but I will be back later to post pictures of their finished room. It turned out SOOO SO CUTE!!